- 250 g of cleaned and sliced mushrooms
- 30 g of butter or margarine
- 1small thinly sliced onion
- 1 ½ tablespoons flour
- 250 ml of milk
- 500 g of vegetable stock
- A pinch of salt and pepper (or a splash of soy sauce)
1. Melt the butter for 1-2 minutes at 350W in a microwaveable dish.
2. Add the mushrooms and onion then cook for 8-10 minutes at 750W; stir halfway through cooking. Add the flour and stir.
3. Gradually add the stock, continuing to stir.
4. Place the dish in the microwave and cook at 750W for 6-7 minutes, stirring twice during cooking. Then add the milk and stir. Cook at 750 W for 3-4 minutes. Mix well. Add the salt and pepper or soy sauce to taste and serve.
For an extra special touch: Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve with toasted bread.