Terms & Conditions of Entry
- These Terms and Conditions incorporate and must be read together with the Schedule for the Rate & Win Competition. The Schedule prevails to the extent of any inconsistencies with these Terms and Conditions. Entry into the Rate & Win Competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter is Arisit Pty Ltd, of 40-50 Mark Anthony Drive. Dandenong South VIC 3175 (ABN 23 091 515 294).
- Any capitalised terms used in these Terms and Conditions have the meaning given in the Schedule, except where stated otherwise. Unless the contrary intention appears, a reference in these terms to the word "person" includes an individual, a firm, a body corporate, a partnership, a joint venture, an unincorporated body or association, or any government agency or entity.
Eligibility To Enter
- Entry to the Rate & Win Competition is open to residents of the Relevant State(s) who are Eligible Persons as described in the Schedule.
- The Rate & Win Competition will be conducted during the Promotion Period. To enter the Rate & Win Competition, entrants must complete the Entry Procedure during the Promotion Period, and comply with the Entry Conditions.
- Entries may only be submitted in accordance with the Entry Procedure and will not be accepted by the Promoter in any other form. Computer-generated or other automated entries will not be accepted.
- All valid entries received during the Promotion Period will be entered in the Rate & Win Competition.
- Once submitted, the entrant cannot alter or delete their entry.
- All entrants will be deemed to have accepted the Intellectual Property and Confidentiality Conditions (and any other applicable conditions set out in the Schedule of Details) on submission of their Entry.
- Entrants may enter the Rate & Win Competition up to the Maximum Number of Entries. Multiple entries (where permitted) must be submitted separately and must each separately meet any product purchase requirement specified in the Entry Procedure (if applicable).
- Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Promotion Period. Email and electronic entries are deemed to have been received at the time of receipt into the Promoter's database and not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
- If the Rate & Win Competition involves entry via a website, the cost of accessing the website will be dependent upon the Entrant's individual Internet Service Provider.
- All Entries (including photographs and videos) become and remain the property of the Promoter upon submission and will not be returned to Entrants (except as otherwise provided in the Schedule).
Promotions Conducted Via a Social Networking Site
- If the Rate & Win Competition is conducted via a Social Networking Site, entrants acknowledge that the Rate & Win Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with the Social Networking Site.
- Entrants acknowledge that any information they provide in connection with the Rate & Win Competition is provided to the Promoter and not to the Social Networking Site.
- Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Rate & Win Competition will be directed to the Promoter and not to the Social Networking Site.
- Entrants release the Social Networking Site and its associated companies from all liability arising in respect of the Rate & Win Competition, to the extent allowable by law.
Entry Content And Validity
- Entrants are required to take full responsibility for the content of their Entry and for ensuring that their Entry and any Entry Materials complies with these Terms and Conditions and the Schedule of Details (including the Entry Conditions). For the purposes of these content requirements, Entry Materials includes any material (including but not limited to, drawings, artwork, images, text, photos, videos and email messages) that entrants submit, upload, transmit, publish, communicate or use in connection with their entry into the Rate & Win Competition.
- Incomplete and illegible entries will be deemed invalid. Entries that breach these Terms and Conditions or any other content guidelines notified by the Promoter during the Promotion Period will also be deemed invalid.
- Entries submitted by persons who are not Eligible Persons will be deemed invalid. The Promoter may not assess each entry however, winning entries will be scrutinised.
- If an entry is invalid or if an entrant is unable or refuses to take part in any element of the Rate & Win Competition, the Promoter reserves the right to discard that entrant's entry and proceed as if that entrant had not entered the Rate & Win Competition.
- If for any reason, the Promoter becomes aware after an entrant has won a prize and the entrant has not complied with these Terms and Conditions or that their entry is otherwise invalid, that entrant will have no entitlement to the Prize, even if the Promoter has announced them as a winner and that entrant will be required, at the direction of the Promoter, to return, refund or otherwise make restitution of the Prize.
- Entries must be the entrant's original work. The Promoter reserves the right to verify, or to require the entrant to verify, that the entry is the entrant's original work. If an entry cannot be verified to the Promoter's reasonable satisfaction, the entry will be deemed invalid.
Consents And Permissions
An entrant's entry must not include:
- any image or voice of any other person without that person's express consent. Entrants warrant that if any such content is included, they have obtained the express consent of the relevant person;
- any content that contravenes any law, infringes the rights of any person, or is obscene, offensive, potentially defamatory, discriminatory, indecent, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate (including but not limited to, any content involving nudity, malice, excessive violence, or swearing); and
- any literary, dramatic, musical, or artistic work, any audio-visual or sound recording, or any other item in which copyright subsists, unless the entrant is entitled to do so. If an entrant has any doubts about whether they have the right to include any content (for example, recorded music) they must not include it. By including any such content in their entry, the entrant warrants that they have the permission of the relevant copyright owner to do so and that this permission allows the Promoter to use the entry in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- By entering the Rate & Win Competition all entrants:
- consent to the Promoter using and publishing (and authorising others to use and publish) their name, character, likeness, image, voice, or anything else that identifies them for the purposes of any promotion or matter incidental to the Rate & Win Competition, including future similar promotions, and at any time during or after the Promotional Period and via any means (including but not limited to, any national print media, the Promoter's website, and any other promotional material);
- assign (and, if necessary, will in the future assign) all intellectual property rights (including copyright) in their Entry Materials in relation to all media (including but not limited to, the internet) and whether in existence now or created in the future (subject to the terms of the Schedule);
- unconditionally and irrevocably:
- consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe any of their moral rights in the Entry Materials (as defined in Part IX of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)) and present and future rights of a similar nature conferred by statute anywhere in the world whether occurring before or after this consent is given;
- waive all moral rights that arise outside Australia; and
- agree not to institute, maintain or support any claim or proceeding for infringement of their moral rights in the Entry Materials;
- warrant to the Promoter that their entry is the original independent creation of the entrant and free from any claims, including copyright or trade mark claims, by other persons.
- If the Rate & Win Competition involves the publication of Entry Materials on a website, the Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability where an entrant's photos, images or other Entry Materials are downloaded from the website by any persons, and for any matters after such download. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, edit, modify, delete, remove, or take down any part of an entrant's entry.
Determining And Notifying Winners in Games of Chance
- The prize draw(s) (if applicable) will be conducted in accordance with the Draw Details. The prize(s) will be awarded to the valid entry or entries (as applicable) randomly drawn in accordance with the Prize Details.
- Winners will be notified as specified in the Schedule and their name and State or Territory of residence will be published in accordance with the Schedule. The Promoter and the companies and agencies associated with the Rate & Win Competition may also publish the name and State or Territory of winners on their website(s) and in trade publications. By entering the Rate & Win Competition each entrant requests that his or her full address not be published.
- Entrants must, at the Promoter's reasonable request, participate in all promotional and editorial activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the Rate & Win Competition or the winning of any prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter and its related bodies corporate using their name and image in promotional material. Without limitation, entrants consent to being broadcast, filmed, photographed or otherwise recorded without compensation while participating in the Rate & Win Competition, or in taking or using any prize, and they consent to the Promoter repeating any such broadcast, film or other recording at any time. The entrant also consents to the Promoter submitting for use such broadcast, film, photograph or other recording to the Promoter's contractors, the Promoter's contractor's contractors, and the Promoter's agents.
Prizes - General
- The Promoter may, at its discretion, require any person taking, accepting or participating in any prize to be 18 years or over, or if a person is under the age of 18, require that the person be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian while taking the prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right to appoint a chaperone to accompany the participants taking the prize. The participants agree to the chaperone being present with them for the duration of the prize and agree to comply with any reasonable directions or guidelines given to them by the Promoter or their chaperone.
- The prize must be taken as offered and cannot be varied unless authorised by the Promoter. The prize value includes GST and is in Australian dollars and is correct at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value.
- Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. Prizes cannot be sold to a third party including, online auctions and private sales. Unused portions of prizes will be forfeited and no compensation will be paid in lieu of that element of the prize.
- Subject to the approval process required by any relevant gaming or lotteries authority, in the event that any prize item is unavailable despite the Promoter's reasonable endeavors to procure within Australia, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a different prize item of equal or greater value, subject to any written directions from any relevant regulatory, judicial or government authority.
- Where prizes are lost, stolen, damaged or tampered with, for reasons beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter is not liable.
- Without limiting the above terms and conditions, the Promoter may at its absolute discretion, substitute cash for any prize (the amount of cash being equal to the prize value specified in the Prize Details).
- Except to the extent required by any law, including the Australian Consumer Law, the Promoter and its associated companies make no warranties or representations about the fitness for purpose or suitability of any prize and will not accept responsibility for the quality or fitness for any purpose of any prize or the failure of any prize to be of acceptable quality.
- Prizes and participation in the Rate & Win Competition are subject to any terms and conditions imposed by the supplier or organiser of the prize, as applicable.
- These Terms and Conditions do not exclude or limit the application of any statutory provision (including a provision of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) where to do so would contravene that statute or cause any part of these Terms and Conditions to be void.
Prizes – Provisions Relating to Types Of Prizes
- The prize(s) are specified in the Prize Details. The prize(s) are subject to any restrictions specified in the Schedule. The total prize pool is specified in the Schedule.
- If a prize includes vouchers, the vouchers are only valid until the voucher expiry date specified on the voucher or by the provider and are subject to any terms and conditions imposed by the provider. Once awarded, the Promoter is not liable for any voucher that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged, or tampered with in any way.
- If a prize includes tickets, including tickets to an event, the tickets are only valid for the date or period specified on the tickets or by the provider, and are subject to any terms and conditions imposed by the provider. Once awarded, the Promoter is not liable for any ticket that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way.
- If a prize includes travel, the prize must be booked and completed as specified by the Promoter or by the supplier of the prize. If the prize is event based, any travel provided as part of the prize must be taken on the dates specified by the Promoter to coincide with the event. The prize is subject to booking and availability, and is subject to any terms and conditions imposed by the relevant providers. All costs associated with a travel prize which are not expressly stated in the Schedule to be included, including additional spending money, passport and visa costs, transfer costs, meals, taxes, insurance, luggage costs and all other ancillary costs, are the responsibility of the winner. The winner and any travelling companion(s) must depart and return at the same time using the same air carrier. The winner and any travelling companion(s) are responsible for ensuring they have all necessary travel insurance (if not included in the prize) and documents to travel to the relevant place(s) (including passports and visas, if required). Any alterations or extensions to confirmed prize details must be approved in advance by the Promoter (at its sole discretion) and will be at the expense of the winner. The Promoter is not responsible for the cancellation, delay or rescheduling of any part of a travel prize and any costs incurred by the winner or any travelling companion(s) as a result (including accommodation costs) will be the responsibility of the winner. The winner is responsible for ensuring that they and their travelling companion(s) are fit to travel and have received appropriate immunisations and/or health checks prior to taking the prize. It is the entrant's responsibility to check and prepare for travel warnings and any perceived hazards with appropriate authorities, including www.dfat.gov.au. The Promoter is not responsible for any illness, injury or property damage that affects the winner while undertaking the travel prize.
- If the prize includes any vehicle ( Vehicle ), including a motor vehicle, motorcycle, motor scooter, boat or any other vehicle, the prize does not include any insurance or accessories unless otherwise specified in the Prize Details. If a winner of a Vehicle is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner's parent or guardian. The winner or his or her parent or guardian (as the case may be) ( Deemed Winner ) is responsible for arranging their attendance at the premises nominated by the Promoter to collect the Vehicle. The Deemed Winner must provide all information and sign all documentation necessary to enable the Promoter to register the Vehicle in the name of the Deemed Winner prior to collection. To be eligible to claim the Vehicle, the Deemed Winner must be capable of obtaining registration of the Vehicle in his or her name in accordance with any applicable legislation in the Relevant State in which the Vehicle is collected. If the Deemed Winner is, through any legal incapacity or otherwise, unable to register the Vehicle in his or her name then he or she may assign the Vehicle to another person with legal capacity for the purpose of registration of the Vehicle.
- If the prize includes Gift Cards, Gift Cards are treated like cash. Lost or stolen cards will not be replaced or refunded. Gift Cards cannot be used for the payment of credit or store accounts. Gift Cards are not redeemable for cash and cannot be exchanged. Any unused amount after the expiry date of the Gift Card will not be refunded or credited.
- If the prize involves a winner attending an event, if any part of the event is abandoned, called off, varied or postponed for any reason, then at the Promoter's discretion, the relevant winner (and their companion(s), if applicable) forfeits all rights to attend the relevant event and no cash or alternative tickets will be substituted for that element of the prize. If the event is varied or postponed, the Promoter, where reasonable, will try to vary arrangements to allow the winner (and their companion(s)) to attend the varied or postponed event (unless doing so would involve additional costs to the Promoter).
- Prizes must be claimed by the Prize Claim Date in accordance with any Claim Instructions set out in the Schedule. If a prize is not accepted by, or failing all reasonable efforts by the Promoter, is not delivered to the prize winner, the relevant winner's entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter reserves the right to distribute the unclaimed prizes in accordance with the Unclaimed Prize Arrangements specified in the Schedule, subject to any directions given by any relevant authority. Winners of unclaimed prizes will be notified and have their names and State or Territory of residence published in accordance with the Unclaimed Prize Arrangements, subject to any directions given by any relevant authority.
Cancellation of Competition
- If, for any reason, the Rate & Win Competition or any of the prizes are not capable of being run or offered as planned, including but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Rate & Win Competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to take any action that may be available to it. Any actions are subject to State and Territory regulations and may include cancellation, termination, modification or suspension of the Rate & Win Competition.
- The Promoter may also cancel, suspend or modify the Rate & Win Competition if the determination of the prize winner or the delivery of the prize is prevented or hindered by any external event beyond the control of the Promoter, including but not limited to, vandalism, power failure, tempest, pandemic, natural disaster, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes or other industrial action. If the Rate & Win Competition is not capable of being run as planned, for reasons outlined above, the Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage of any kind to entrants arising out of any resultant action taken by the Promoter.
Privacy and Information
- The Promoter may collect the following personal information provided by entrants when entering or participating in the Rate & Win Competition (including without limitation in their Entry Materials, transactional information, when you shopped, where you shopped, how you paid and what you purchased, address, phone number, name, age, passport number, drivers license number, information obtained from any Rate & Win Competition partners, information you provide when submitting any questions or queries regarding the Rate & Win Competition) or by entrants doing anything in connection with the Rate & Win Competition.
- Entrants can advise the Promoter at any time if they no longer wish to participate in any such research and marketing activities. Otherwise, their consent will remain current until specifically withdrawn. The Promoter may disclose entrants' personal information for the above purposes to other companies associated with the Rate & Win Competition, related bodies corporate of the Promoter, the Promoter's information technology providers and database service providers and other entities that provide research and marketing services to the Promoter.
- The Promoter may engage other persons or organisations (for example, the Promoter's suppliers, prize donators, competition and promotion agencies, data mail houses, data processing organisations, marketing researchers, specialist call centres, and service providers) to assist the Promoter in carrying out the above purposes. Some of these organisations may be located overseas. Your personal information may be disclosed to such persons or organisations for these purposes and, in providing a service, they may contact you directly. In some circumstances, they may disclose personal information they collected from you to the Promoter or one or more of the purposes already mentioned. The Promoter will hold and use all personal information it collects from third parties about you for the purposes described in this notice.
- The Promoter may also disclose entrant personal information as required by law.
Indemnity and Liability
- Unless required by any law, including the Australian Consumer Law, the Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers and employees, its agents, its contractors, its associated entities, and their respective officers will not be liable for any loss (including but not limited to, indirect, special or consequential loss, loss of opportunity or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained in connection with any part of the Rate & Win Competition (including entry, collation of entrant details, prize draw and determination of the winner(s)), promotion of the Rate & Win Competition, use or acceptance of the prize or the prize itself, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum extent allowable by law).
- If requested by the Promoter, any entrant or winner (and their companion(s), if applicable) (or if an entrant, winner, or companion is not an adult, their parent or guardian) must sign an indemnity and exclusion of liability form (provided by the Promoter) in favour of all parties involved in this competition and/or providing the prize prior to undertaking any specified activities forming part of the competition, acceptance or use of the prize or the prize itself. If any entrant, winner, nominated companion or parent/guardian (if applicable) does not sign the indemnity form provided by the Promoter, within the time requested by the Promoter, the relevant entrant's or winner's entry or claim will be deemed invalid. Where a winner's entry or claim is deemed invalid, the prize will be deemed unclaimed, and the Promoter has a right to re-draw the prize in accordance with the Unclaimed Prize Arrangements in the Schedule.
- Without limiting the previous paragraphs, the Promoter, its related bodies corporate, its agents and its associated entities will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of prizes.
- If other entities are conducting the promotion in conjunction with the Promoter, the Promoter is not liable for any error made by the other entity when communicating details of the Rate & Win Competition, the entry process, the prize draw, the prize, determination of the winner and promoting the Rate & Win Competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant (or voter if applicable) who tampers with the entry (or voting process), or who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or the Schedule, or whom the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions or the Schedule, or has engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Rate & Win Competition. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from acceptance of the prize winnings. Entrants should seek independent financial advice prior to entering the Rate & Win Competition.
- The Promoter may at its absolute discretion prohibit an entrant's participation in the Rate & Win Competition, cancel or suspend a prize or cease to provide any prize to a winner if the entrant or winner or any companion(s) are, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter, under the influence of alcohol or drugs, behaving aggressively, disruptively, or in a manner which may diminish the good name and reputation of the Promoter or its products and brands, or are engaging in conduct that is misleading, deceptive, contrary to law or is otherwise inappropriate.
- The Promoter's decisions in connection with the Rate & Win Competition are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No responsibility will be taken for unsuitable, lost, deleted, late or misdirected entries. The Promoter is not responsible for technical difficulties with the entry mechanism and does not warrant that the entry mechanism will be available at all times.
- Entries that are to be published on a website will be subject to a moderation process before being visible on the website.
- The Promoter may require the winner(s) to provide identification as requested by the Promoter including but not limited to, proof of identity, age, residency, employment, supply to the Promoter or engagement by the Promoter. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter's reasonable discretion.
- Entrants acknowledge that there may be inherent risks in some aspects of the Rate & Win Competition or the prize and that participation in the Rate & Win Competition or the prize may involve participating in dangerous activities. By entering the Rate & Win Competition and/or accepting the prize, entrants accept that risk for themselves and for their companion(s) (if applicable).
- In order to participate in the Rate & Win Competition and/or the activities which may be awarded as part of the prize, the winner (and their companion(s), if applicable) must comply with applicable health, fitness, skill, balance, dexterity and any other requirements normally associated with the particular activity. It is the entrant's responsibility to ensure that they (and their companion(s), if applicable) are sufficiently healthy and fit so as to safely participate in the Rate & Win Competition and/or undertake the activities awarded as part of the prize. The entrant or winner must comply with all requirements and directions of the people responsible for the conduct of the relevant activity and must ensure that their companion(s) also comply (if applicable). If the Promoter reasonably believes that the entrant, winner or their companion(s) will not be able to comply with such requirements, the Promoter may deem the entrant, winner or their companion(s) not sufficiently healthy or fit to participate in the Rate & Win Competition.